Friday, March 27, 2009

my shout

just a nice chance to catch up
pull up a stool
this ones on me
tell me more
let's get talking
i miss you.

so we sit
and we talk
sometimes as a group
then we split into twos and get a little deeper

we move a little
the sounds of conversation surround us
strangers meeting
old friends reuniting
we fit somewhere in the middle
but we fit.

the car we packed into sits outside
no one is driving home now
let's enjoy the cider
this ones on me

talk talk dance talk talk

go away
creepy old guy
can't you see we are happy
no, we don't want your hands on us
I'm not flirting
I'm telling you to leave

free. just the girls.
hold up, she caught his eye
a new friend, sweet
bring him over- this ones on me

talk talk talk laugh dance talk talk

that familiar twinkle
the facial expressions start becoming bigger
she's trying hard to look interested, but pretty at the same time
their legs get closer
not long before they are practically sitting on each other
he buys her a cider
- this ones on him -

I sit, and wait
he can't be that exciting
exciting enough to shrug your friend off
to let her sit by herself
an easy target for old sleezy men
each thinking they have some kind of charm
beer breath and a wobbly stance
you could at least keep your eyes open when you are chatting me up
you drunk
go home to your wife
I see the gold band on your finger
you disgust me.

and as for my girls - lost cause
the worst ending to a night out
but exactly how you love to end the night.

I'm out.

No comments: