Wednesday, March 25, 2009

eeek!

last night i had nightmares.. a few various types.. not the 'wake up screaming' type.. but the ones that haunt your thoughts all day. I can't stop thinking about it.

One dream was about my friends - I was sitting back watching, trying very hard not to step in and tell them what they were doing was destructive and would bring about pain.. but because of the situation I couldn't do anything but sit and pretend I didn't see.. if I was in that situation in real life Im not sure what I would do - but it would almost kill me to see it happen. Its made me feel very sad and angry for them all day and it didnt even happen! Lately my dreams have been so vivid and meaningful.. its great when they are good dreams but last night I had a series of bad ones.

The last dream I had was strange. I dreamt I was standing in my kitchen and this guy knocked on the door and walked in. He was tall and dark and had kinda strange eyes that looked like he had a secret or some hidden agenda. He walked in and asked where Josh was. I explained that Josh had left to go out with some friends (this actually happened last night), and expected the guy the be cool with that and leave.. but he didnt. He almost looked delighted (in a dark kinda way) that Josh wasn't home.. he asked if anyone else was home.. and I stupidly said 'no'. He then walked into the kitchen and started making himself something to eat, so I very promptly walked into my bedroom and shut the door. I could hear him walking towards my room so I tried to lock the door but it wouldn't budge, the key got stuck.. I was looking around for a place to hide so I could pretend I wasn't there.. the only place was in the cupboard under the stairs (which is actually in my room).. I tried so hard to get in without making a sound, I got out my phone and tried to call Sam to come over and help me but when I looked up he was standing staring down at me in the cupboard.. dream over. I woke up very scared.. no one was home and I was terrified.. its been forever since ive had a yucky dream like that.

Last night was just packed full of bad dreams. Not too sure why - although (as my blog reflects) I was in a strange mood.. deep thinking, reflecting, perhaps being pretty harsh on myself, and bringing up a multitude of negative issues with myself.. perhaps I just set a bad mood before sleep.

Do you have nightmares? I think there are different sorts of nightmares.. the emotionally driven ones and the fear ones.. what sort do you have? Hmm..

2 comments:

nickflight said...

that last one was particularly creepy...

I used to have nightmares all the time but I haven't had any for ages now, years I think.

When I was a kid I used to have reoccurring ones... I'm nearly certain these were either spiritual in origin or due to some psychological scarring. One had these diseased rabbits biting people and if it bit you you turned into a diseased rabbit. That dream would always end with me having to make a decision to kill the rabbits that were originally family members. Another nightmare I used to always have in a particular room in a particular place was always in black and white and involved me getting interfered with by a couple. The couple were like an old school magician and his assistant and it used to terrify me to the point of screaming.

The closest I have to nightmares these days are dreams that I have where I forgot something important and then remembered it but it was too late... like taking a job and then remembering I already had one. These aren't really nightmares though... most of my dreams are adventures like Indiana Jones or Lost.

stef said...

well since you ask...

when i was little i used to have nightmares about a Tornado/Hurricane that would come to our house and every night it would be the same. id be the only one who heard it coming and id yell and try and get everyone safe and then id either be left behind or locked out of somewhere or, too slow and having to face the tornado/hurriance. these nightmares haunted me for years.

nowadays i dont really have nightmares...apart from the occassional odd one like you mentioned...but i wont go into details there. they can be creepy.

so yeah. nightmares. yep.