Wednesday, March 25, 2009

my immediate reaction

so you are meant to be that friend who is steadfast and sure
the one who calls to see that im doing ok
my sturdy, reliable, consistent friend

dont give me that
dont go saying you need me now
im all about take take take
im that girl who recieves the calls and soaks it up
gimme gimme more of that attention you hand out so freely

it has always been about what you can do for me
when you put it like that, suddenly I am expected to come back with something
its easier to shut you down
you took 'caring' a step too far
the last thing a selfish girl like me needs is to know you want me to love you back
im happy being the taker - you can love me as much as you like
just dont expect any in return

1 comment:

stef said...

and i also really like this one...i find it intersting and im not sure what my final thoughts are. but i enjoyed reading it.