Tuesday, March 3, 2009

did that just happen?

Most of the 'love' poems I post on here are written by me but not exactly a clear reflection of my thoughts and feelings.. i usually tend to write from my perspective of someone elses perspective.. if that makes sense? But last night I had a strange dream about a friend of mine.. it was one of those dreams that feel so real until about an hour after you wake up and realise it was all in your head! So this morning I was in love with this guy for about an hour.. haha and then i realised it was a dream.. so weird. Anyhow.. here is my reflection of that experience!


the dream you holds on tight
he clutches to my side and warms my hand with his
he makes no show of what we have
we just have it
the dream you looks just like you
he talks with passion
he stands with pose
he makes no statement; he just lets me know

the conscious me feels held
drawn closer to his side
warmed and loved and secure in his grasp
the conscious me is loved
i wake with content, rising to the day
the dream you haunts my thoughts
he looks like you
he talks like you
he loves the dream me

wait - the dream me.. the conscious me..
confusion.
reckon with my thoughts for a moment
sigh.
the conscious me was dreaming

3 comments:

stef said...

i like it miss corrie. i like it.

Corrie said...

cheers stef.. feels a bit strange posting something like that!

nickflight said...

Dreams are cool, but sometimes I nearly hate waking up when the dream is going so well.

Once I dreamed I had a daughter and I felt love for her even after I woke up and realised she was in my dreams. I also have dreamed of having money in my hand and woke up looking for it in the bed.