Sunday, April 19, 2009

the things I've learnt

Traveling alone (even In victoria) you learn a lot about yourself.

So if you have been reading my blog like good little boys and girls you will know that ten days ago I jumped on a plane over the bass straight to stay for an undetermined (but probably 2 weeks) in victoria. The plan was to have no plans and just see how it all worked out. I've had a blast. Spending most of my time hours away from anywhere I had been before (I'm a regular visitor to victoria). I have covered almost every region of the state in these 10 days and it's been quite cool. Here are some things I have learnt about myself and that thing we each have called 'life'.

1. No matter how little I pack I still only wear half of the clothes I pack anyway.

2. It is ALWAYS a better idea to get up and have a shower instead of convincing myself it is more important to get an extra half an hour sleep.

3. Blogging each day makes me think more and I am much more observant.

4. Good Indian curry is a great idea- but three nights in a row doesn't agree with me. Moderation... Moderation.

5.I know waaaay too many people

6. I am most lonely when I'm surrounded by so many people and so much going on.

7. It's destructive to my spirit (well that's what I figure)

8. Because... When I'm surrounded constantly I'm also in a position where I struggle to connect with god

9. I definitely need my alone time

10. I am approachable?! The amount of people of all different backgrounds who have come up to me and just started a conversation is quite bizarre

11. I don't know how to spell bizarre.. Is that right? U get the idea!

12. I am capable

13. God will use me if I make myself available - it's not about my ability, but my availability.

14. Timing is not mine

15. Bushfires devastate.. Miracles restore.

16. There's no such thing as a clean public toilet.

17. My phone is a handy companion - actually it's been a lifesaver at times!

18. Carlton draught is the local drop - baily and baily make good wine :-)

19. Yotaki skewers are a new favourite Japanese meal

20. They still play the likes of James Blunt and Anthony Callea quite regularly in shops here.

21. I miss home.

1 comment:

nickflight said...

great list!!!

its been great travelling with you though your blog! looking for to your next trip away :)