Sunday, April 19, 2009

if I could say it to him

I found god that day- so to say

I saw the baggage you carried
it made me notice you
it begged me to know you
you carried a case that would crush

you became my fixation
I saw you for the baggage
shallow
a heart-removed situation

they all see you for your baggage
heck, even you do

I see you
in a different light
you have upgraded, become more
stylish in your baggage carrying ways

it means nothing to me.

a chosen, god given gift
a crushing case.

use it
but don't lose yourself
you are too precious

I found god that day
I saw him in you
I still do.


2 comments:

nickflight said...

great poem coz... this is my type of poem, I love it

Corrie said...

Thanks Nick. This one is very special to me. One day I will tell you more about the inspiration behind it - I'm pretty sure you would like the story ;-)