Monday, April 13, 2009

day 4

So once again I find myself on a bus for the next two hours.

Music in my ears: hot fuss- the killers

Back to day two.

I made it to the city and went for a bit of a treck across to flinders st station to meet up with the lovely bec from burnie. After realizing it is near impossible to find anyone in melb we spent about half an hour on the phone trying to locate each other... Only to then realize she was at spencer st station where I had just come from. By then I had missed my train to heathmont where I was going to meet a girl who was letting me crash at her place. Naturally I got stressed thinking that I had no way of getting to her place and I hadn't even met the girl so I didn't want to be a hassle and ask her to come get me.. But.. Just when I was about to break down in tears in the middle of the crowds I spotted a neon sign indicating there was one more line to ringwood, which is right near heathmont. Woooo! So I got back on the phone to bec and would u believe it.. That was the train she was about to jump on from spencer st.. SWEET! So we had a nice public catch up on the train. When I got to ringwood I gave T a call to say I had arrived and she came to get me. By that stage I was wrecked, so tired and desperate for a shower! I got to her place and almost lost the plot when I walked in... There in the flippen middle of the sitting room was a flippen full size grand piano! Yamaha at that! She obviously saw me checkin it out and said she couldn't play it so she would love if I had a go. Man.. That thing got a workout. It was brillo!

Day three: ben and lisas wedding

Early morning. I was roped into helping T set up the church for afternoon tea. It was cool and I was keen because it meant a chance to meet people. So that was fun. T is great and bens other friends were pretty amazing. I got along with them all straight away. Really glad ben has a good group of mates over here.

The wedding was long and huge and FANCY! Very traditional and extremely well attended! It was sweet though.. And lisa looked beautiful. Seeing ben was great. I miss that kid.

So then I helped to pack up the church and then went home for a dress change and headed across town and up a mountain to the reception. It was about an hour drive which I found a bit strange .. But cool all the same. Now I thought the wedding was fancy.. The reception was amazing. They had 260 people there. I knew only ben and T. I walked in, head straight for the bat and grabbed a sav blanc. Time to meet people. I quickly spotted the crew who were about my age and off I went. Not long after I was on my third class and swapping 'ben' stories with complete strangers who turned out to be legends! The live band started (they were called Escapade). Straaaange. So after a bit of a dance they did the speeches and the best man asked who was from tassie so I shoved my hand up nice and proud and he proceeded to tell about 200 two headed Tasmanian jokes but hey... They were original and very impressive! It was a great best man speech. Then the meals were served and I was tucking into a juicy lamb shank when I felt someone rubbing my shoulders. I turned to see the best man standing behind me with a huge cheaky grin plastered across his face! He came to apologize and introduce himself all in one. He was a dude. He said he was expecting to see more taswegians in the room but it was only me! Secretly I loved it. So we busted out some moves and grooves on the dance floor and it was a great time. I made friends with some great people and am looking forward to catching up with them later this week!

For now I'm heading to frankston where I will meet up with my oldest sister michelle and head down the mornington way to her place in rye.


1 comment:

stef said...

your adventures sound interesting! its fun for me to read about all these Victorian places that i am so familiar with...memories memories. anyways, hope you have fun!