Wednesday, October 22, 2008

travels

Well I just got back from Melbourne, where I spent a lot of time reflecting on who I am and where I want to be. I was staying with a house full of kiwis who like to smoke the weed a lot and who think beer is more important than water. As a result of this I spent a LOT of my time walking around exploring Melbourne and just generally getting out of the house. One day I was walking to a train station which was meant to be a ten minute walk, but I felt such a desire to take a wrong turn and get lost in a place I know nothing about without a map.. so i did. I found myself 2 hours later at the beach in St Kilda, so effectively I had walked through 5 suburbs in some kind of round-a-bout way.. and there I was. Jumped on a train and cruised into the city.

Melbourne trams and trains.. so depressing. Everyone acts like they are so scared of each other. No one wants to look anyone in the eye just in case they are some kind of a freak. I was so shocked at how silenced it was.. yet so many people. Confused me.

I didnt have the best time in Melb. I am not a fan of the culture there. Maybe it was just the people I was around, but the vibe aint a good one!

I had my interview and all went well - got the job all confirmed which is great but Im having second thoughts about going through that agency.. I have had offers from another 2 agencies which I am very much considering. It is good to know I have a job guaranteed if I need it but am going to look around for a better option.

Things are good in general - happy with the sunshine, it means I can get out and about more. I am loving the outdoors lately. Planning on doing some hiking in the next few weeks. I went to Bridport the other day to camp and failed miserably.. forgot to pack the tent poles.. so that was fun. But - if you want a good full sized meal Bridport is that place to be! $5 chicken parmi served with chips and salad.. mmmmm good value!

So thats it from me - over and out.

No comments: