Thursday, October 23, 2008

HOLD ON TO YOUR HEART

hold on to your heart


You tell me I need Him to fill the empty gap
Well, mate I think you’re full of crap.

You silently speak with the figure in your mind
He sits in the clouds looking over mankind.

What good is this guy if He is hanging out up there?
If He truly is the answer then why is the world so unfair?

Your guys keep telling me “life can be great!”
But I prefer reality - even if it is second rate.

Will I go to hell if I choose not to believe in something so unbelievable?
If God has so much grace - how is this conceivable?

I love your double standards; they could really work out for me,
Come on church! Let’s give an offering and buy ourselves some more slave-made tea.

Keep up appearances and don’t let yourself slide,
If you were really honest about your faith- you would have nothing to hide.

So thanks for your thoughts on my life and how it should be,
I appreciate the thought - but I know already.

If you don’t understand I will make it clear -
I am not a pretender and I won’t conform to your idea.

I am who I am. No surprises with me.
I am honest with my God, as honest as I can be.

No comments: