Monday, October 27, 2008

Holy Cow!

On Sunday James and I decided to go for a drive to the coast to check out the blues festival and see my parents. We had a pretty chilled day just cruising around - good music, great food and a few nice juices from that spanky new mobile juice van. Yum.

All was cool. We went to visit my parents who were doing the Sunday arvo thing with the neighbours. Everyone had a brew in hand and the music was cranking. Mum was cooking up a storm on the new massive BBQ. It was great. I felt back at home again. Dad took James off to talk about home brew and old school music for about an hour and I sat and chilled with the ladies. They were all so awesome. I really love my neighbours in Wynyard. They were all tryin to get me to sing them a song, so I said that they would have to join in. Ha. It was hilarious. I requested Daryl Braithwaite - The Horses. Suddenly my backyard was a chorus of singers going for it at the top of their lungs.. haha.. so it turned into a singalong where everyone was requesting songs and we all got up and had a dance. I was keen to hit the road because it was getting dark and I was pretty tired. So after convincing mum and dad that we really did have to leave (and they convinced us that we really should stay and have another dance)... we finally got out of there! It was good fun.

Driving home was not so fun! We got to about Elizabeth town pretty safely, and then all of a sudden I was being waved down by a dude in the middle of the road. I was going 110km and had to slam the breaks on.. it was freaky. I looked across the road and saw a red commodore in the ditch, the front all smashed in and it was obvious it had been a head on collision of some sort. I jumped out of the car and we walked down towards a figure lying on the road. We were scared, both of us sayin how we didnt want to see what it was, we werent too keen on having to see whatever it was lying on the road. James said it looked like a motorbike.. no matter how much our minds were telling us not to go down the road, our feet just took us there. When we got closer I let out a laugh of relief.. it was most horrible thing I had seen, but it wasn't a motorbike.. it was a cow... a massive.. giant.. thug of a thing.. cow. We looked back down the road and cars had started piling up now. There were people with the girl in the red car, so we didn't worry about heading back to help her, we now had to get this cow off the road! It was a task.. it was gross.. it was horrible. I wont go into detail to save you getting visuals..

I am really concerned about how many cows have been hit lately.. it is so dangerous. That girl is very lucky.. (well lucky is not a word i like to use, but im struggling to think of a better one).. She had a baby in the car too...and im not exaggerating when I say that cow was massive.

Anyway.. now I have been having nightmares and it is just not something I would have liked to witness. So my weekend was awesome until the cow incident.. then it became..well.. gross.

No comments: