Friday, October 3, 2008

starsailor

Yet another AMAZING band rises from the UK.

I recently invested in a set of 5 disks that have a range of alternative guitar based bands.. mainly packed full of radiohead. There are some amazing songs on this set.. and I have only listened to one disk so far! I am hanging out to hear the rest.. I should actually check out if it is a UK set or not, because it does have a lot of radiohead, coldplay, gomez and another band that I have fallen in love with - Starsailor. Actually - come to think of it.. all the bands on this set are English Indie as far as I know. I am going to check this out.

Anyway

James Walsh has the most unique and beautiful voice in the world. I love it. Their songs are very deep both lyrically and musically. I particularly love the song called 'tied up my hands'. It has something about it that just grabs me in the strangest of ways!

They are a guitar band but use a lot of keys and are very lyrically driven. It is very much about the vocal melody.

I recommend you check them out. I fully dig them - what I have heard of them. And surprise surprise they are out of the UK.

Ciao Macho

No comments: