Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Three to Six

I am so fortunate to be doing my internship in a tiny school with only 2 classrooms. It means I have students in grades 3/4/5/6 in my class of 25 kids. It is amazing.. amazing. I am learning so much. Today my supervisor came to visit and check that everything was going well. I started the day in tears because somehow through the stress i managed to leave my planning folder in Natone last night so I couldn't find it... If I didnt have my folder to show my supervisor it is very likely that I would fail.. Luckily, I found my folder before the start of school but was in such a horrible frame of mind to start the day. I was stressin to the max!

I couldn't have asked the kids to be anymore amazing today.. it is like they realised I needed them to be awesome so my supervisor would believe I can be a good teacher haha. They were so well behaved and from out of nowhere I found this new side of myself. My lessons ran amazingly today and the supervisor was very very impressed. She told me that I am made for teaching and that I have absolutely nothing to worry about. Agh... that is such a relief to hear after studying for four long years!! So all in all.. an amazing day, and an amazing internship. I have 2 weeks left after this week and I am not looking forward to the end of it. I really cant wait to get my own class crankin and working full time... BUT... like always.. if there is another plan for my life I welcome it with open arms.. so for now i am LOVING teaching.. but tomorrow I might be doing something I never dreamed of. Bring it on.

So last night I went for a walk with my sister because my bro was too tired. I reckon I said about 5 words in the whole hour we were walking.. she was talking flat chat. I forgot what it is like to be in high school. Half of the stuff she was telling me made me cringe at how horrible people can be.. but then I just got sad because I realised how much my sister has no idea about the 'realness' of some of the stuff that is going on. She has no idea of the impact her words might be having on some of the people at her school.. she thinks it is her 'right' to say things that arent so nice to people if they have said/done those things to her.. since when does anyone have the right to do that? It just surprised me big time. I know it is just a matter of growing up and realising these things in time, but my heart is crying out for her to see these situation from a higher perspective. I know she has a heart of gold.. but her thoughts do not allow that 'heart' to shine through.. which made me think more deeply about a sermon I heard the other night. This dude from the Congo, Pastor Samuel preached an amazing sermon.. I need to listen to it again. One part that spoke directly to me was about how our thoughts impact our emotions.. if we think of something in a certain way we will reacted emotionally according to our thoughts... hard to explain.. but.. i realised that my sister needs to change the way she thinks about these situations and the people involved before she can change the way she feels about them. These words just arent saying what I want them to say.. I cant quite explain what im meaning.. which is something I have always struggled with.. Im working on it though.

Anyway, today has been a good day.. and the week leading up has been pretty good too. I had a great weekend, talking a lot with friends and feeling connected to people who are seeking more than the expected in life. It is always inspiring. I am so inspired by a few of the people I have been hanging with lately actually.. I dont know if they will ever realise just how much they have influenced my walk.. and I wonder if I will ever realised just how much they have. They are amazing and I have mucho's love for them!

Things I am thankful for:
- dad is healing really really well and is going to get the metal bars removed tomorrow
- the awesome kids i have in my class.. they are 'the bomb.com'
- congo dude
- the special relationships im developing
- mates who never say 'no' to helping out where they can..

Coz xx

1 comment:

stef said...

awesome. you're right, you do have truly awesome friends...and luckily a couple of them are mine as well. how blessed we are!!!

good to hear school is going well!