Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Initiate a Flood



a moment to replenish the tank


unbolt the water gates

my thoughts initiate a flood

shudder as the dry pipes block with running waters

stagnant, sullied streams surge into the open

they sting in the liberty of the air

no longer ensnared within the boiler

secrets undergo destruction, exposed to the public eye

violated

moment is over.

hard left. turn off the tap.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

a small splash as they enter my state of consciousness

no stopping this mind from leaking

these secrets will seep

resounding

reverberating their own beat as they hit the sink.

Drip.

each thought is a drip. that resonates my soul.

no conclusion til the tank is bare,

do I let it drip?

Drip.

Drip.



no.

turn a hard right

let the water prevail.


Corrie

2 comments:

nickflight said...

dig it dig it dig it...

let the flood gates open baby!!

thats what i need at the moment.

Corrie said...

Glad u like it Sir Nick of the Blog.

I have never written a poem before.. not that i can remember.. not a great fan of my own writing in general.. never thought I would give poetry a go!

I am learning to open those flood gates.. but the bolts are on pretty tightly!