Sunday, August 31, 2008

Once Was Lost...

But now it is found!

So after a long night of searching through every crevice of our house I decided to check my car for my missing journal. I had already cleaned out my car the day before and had a look for it but couldn't find it anywhere. I got a bag out of my car that had stuff in it from months ago and I thought that there is no way it could be in there.. but, there it was.. right down the bottom of the bag underneath the plastic insert in the bottom of the bag.. relief!

It is crazy just how much I missed having my journal.. It almost felt as though I had lost a best mate! Weird.. but I guess that's just me.

Last night I went to see Anti rock it out one last time. I was a bit disappointed at their show really.. poor mix and lighting didn't help.. it was out of sync and had these bright blue lights that kept blaring in my eyes so I couldn't see what was going on. Hmm... but it was good to see them rockin it.

I would have to say... that I was more disappointed with the sermon and praise section of the night.. I don't want to seem negative about this but it is something that I have been thinking about a lot since last night and I am really quite disappointed. I haven't been to a big youth rally since I was younger.. back then I didn't dig it. And nothing has changed. I feel sad for the young dudes who are there hearing a message about depression and self harm and binge drinking and drugs etc.. and then a guy says "I've got Jesus now. He is the answer... now here is an opportunity for you to receive Jesus in your heart too.. put up your hands, come up the front.." ... you know how it goes.

Yes He is the answer... and yes it is important to give these dudes the opportunity to ask Him into their lives.. but I just don't think they know the decision they are making.. It seems to be an emotionally driven decision a lot of the time, with no real understanding of salvation in its entirety. It is such a vulnerable and emotional time for these dudes, and I only hope and pray that they aren't left to wonder what to do next.. but they are discipled and guided by people around them.. I really hope last night wasn't just another night in history for these dudes, but that it can be a starting point of something amazing... I really really encourage you to talk to these young dudes if you know one of them who put up their hand.. because it doesn't end there.. its not a matter of "awesome they are saved welcome to the church brother..." it is so much more than that...

... End of blab.

2 comments:

stef said...

im so with you sista!
its like a sermon i was listening to the other day said how some churches care more about winning souls than they do about providing food for them once they're saved. which sucks majorly, but its true.

i was sadly diappointed by the night as well. and by Antiskeptic...though i did like their songs, but they didnt seem to be puttin alot of effort in, which lost my interest. and that blue light was annoying me too!

so there ya go...ill stop complaining to you now. =)

love love

Corrie said...

awesome Stef..

glad u are with me there.. i think it is so important.