Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bustin' a Move

I went for my nightly walk/jog with my bro tonight. It is always a good time strollin along the beach with him. We both have our plugs in our ears tuning into our fav songs of the day...and chatting as we bust out the occasional move. He is a legend. I have really began to appreciate my brother as more than the little dude who makes me laugh every now and again. He is his own person. His opinions and views on life fascinate me. Tonight we talked about lots of things.. one of the topics was how we view heaven to be. I dont really know how I view heaven..

One night I was chatting to a good mate of mine and he told me a story about this guy who revived his 5yr old son after he drowned (or something like that) and when his son came back to life he said 'dad, if I ever die again, please dont bring me back'... wow. What kind of a place must it be? Amazing.. in that same conversation we talked about heaven having no lust, greed or jealousy.. whoa.. imagine that. It blows my mind. It gets me thinkin.

hmm.. not sure how to write my thoughts into words. This is something I have always struggled with.. ask anyone that I have had deep convos with.. words are not my forte! Im goin to leave it here.. because no words are doing my thoughts justice.

In a change of topic..

This blog thing. I am liking it. I am also liking my prac right now. In fact... I am loving it. I am feeling like teaching is something I can do well.. not sure if it is what defines me.. but it is a big part of me and I am passionate about it. I love the kids in my class. I spend half the day looking away from them and covering my smiles and giggles when they do things that are just too funny to get grumpy about.. haha they are legends.. and I am smiling just thinking about going to school in the morning.. thats gotta be a good sign that Im in the right profession.

Things I am thankful for today:
- Stella, James, Zoe, Tiff, Nick, Thomas - all people who have brought a smile to my face.
- Bustin moves in the street with my bro Scott. Dancing brings freedom!
- Dad's doctor says he is mending well and will be walking again in 2-3 months.
- The few snow flakes that fell at lunch time
- The rainbow which reminded me of the power of promise

-xxx-

2 comments:

nickflight said...

I'm sooooo glad you are having a good prac. I have been thinking of you. Reading this has made me happy because I wanted your prac to go well and today it has gone well.

stef said...

=)
im glad everything is working out for you at the moment!!! and i hope that doesnt change!

luv ya!