Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mad Skills

This week at school has been very exciting!

On Monday we had a student free day which meant I got to go to Acton Primary for a maths Professional Development day. It was pretty rad. I learnt quite a bit.. and it reinforced everything we have been learning at uni so that was helpful.

Tuesday - Jason came in for the day to teach my kids some quality music skills. They LOVED it. It was definitely a day they will remember. The staff loved having a new visitor to the school and conversations are still being had in the staff room about the Bachelor of the Year appearing at our school.. They recognised him from the newspaper straight away.. poor guy.

Wednesday - The staff and students were buzzing with excitement about the science day were hosting today (Thursday). Everyone was getting stuck in to helping out and the kids got to muck around with heaps of gear and have a sneak peek at the science equipment they get to use at the science expo!

Thursday - today is science day and the kids are DIGGIN it! We went down to the wetlands this morning to catch bugs and test the water. I am playing office lady right now because in a small school you have to work with change, and today they needed an office lady! All my kids are out playing with the science gear so I'm happy they are having a good time.

Friday - well hopefully tomorrow we will be back in the classroom!

I love this school. I love these kids. I love this career.

No comments: