Tuesday, August 26, 2008

an argument that got me thinking

Why do people automatically resume the position of a travel agent for guilt trips whenever they want to win an argument?

If there is one thing that annoys me the most is when people lay out guilt trips freely and constantly.

There are mature ways of talking through things that don't result in people getting hurt. There are respectful ways of negotiating with people without oppressing their own values. There are much more appropriate ways of conveying your opinions without insulting and using hurtful words that can't be reclaimed after they have been said.

I am honest in my opinions when I'm asked... and I always try to make sure people know where I stand.. but in no way do I ever want to be that person who guilts others into agreeing with me.

Give me grace to forgive.
Equip me with the words and wisdom to know how to respond.
Help me to stop thinking negatively and start acting positively.
I am done with these selfish arguments that only suppress any goodness.
Let it go, Grace and Peace.
Amen

No comments: