Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sam Cawthorn

Earlier this year I was taking part in a leadership camp for young christians who want to be inspired to live their life in a way that inspires others, and particularly the young ones who attend their youth groups and camps. I was invited to run a workshop at the this camp and I enjoyed doing it, to the point where I became a bit inspired to continue teaching young adults and perhaps one day train in adult learning or something of some sort... but what really inspired me on this camp was a guy called Sam Cawthorn. He was the 'keynote speaker' of the camp and also considers himself a worldwide motivational speaker. You may have heard the story of Sam..

Sam was in a very nasty car accident a few years ago on the NW Coast of Tasmania. His story is amazing. I have been watching a few of his youtube clips and this one stuck out to me.

He says in one part "problems define you - if you dont have problems, get down on your knees and ask for some!"

Check it out - you might find yourself inspired :-)

If you want to check out his official website you can have a squiz here.

No comments: