Friday, July 17, 2009

reflecting

On my way to work this morning I was thinking and reflecting on recent events/feelings/choices and my mind was chucking a psycho. I couldn't focus and think without all these crazy thoughts popping in and out and clouding my mind. I gave up on the reflecting and just turned up the tunes and enjoyed a nice drive to work.

On my way home from work I drove past a lake that I drive past every day - today it took my breath away! It was SO still and clear and it was a perfect mirror reflecting the gorgeous mountains and blue sky that surrounds the valley I drive through. It was amazing - literally stunning. I started thinking about this - I see that lake every day, and I see the mountains and the surroundings twice a day, every day.. but Ive never been stunned by it.. until I saw it reflected in the lake in the most perfect way..

I thought about life - and my attempt to reflect earlier in the day... and I came to the conclusion that life is like a lake. Go figure.

Basically - we can't understand what happens in life, and we cant reflect and see things as they are unless we be still, clear our mind of all the pond gunk, and just let our thoughts see our circumstances like a still lake sees the world.

No comments: