Tuesday, July 7, 2009

a call to persevere

He who is able to keep me from falling and to present me before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy - to the only God our Saviour be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore.

Jude 12:24

Great joy- he presents us before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy... Exactly what my heart needed to hear. What an amazing God. I often wonder about the way God is represented.. how many
Non-christians (and quite a large percentage of believers) would not think of God as someone who takes great joy in us.. Who longs for our presence with him because it brings him great joy.. It blows my mind just thinking about it.. seems like such a far off amazing ideal.. but it's as real as it gets.. amazing.

1 comment: