Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Godbumps

There are 3 things that give me goosebumps and send shivers (good ones) right through me.

1. Spiritual moments of amazement
2. Seeing people achieve
3. Music

It is a physical reaction in my body that I can't control, and it actually feels quite uncomfortable - but in a way its pretty rad too. It happens quite often in the job that I am in.. I see students 'click' with certain concepts and achieve goals most days, which is cool. I listen to music constantly, and would consider myself to be quite in touch with my spirituality- so, I get the shivers quite regularly..but each time it is still a weird feeling and hasn't become normal just yet!

I have lots of favourite songs.. a new one each day.. and people often tell me that I always say "this is my favourite song"... hmmm I think I have quite a few that I would find it hard to choose between if I had to decide on a favourite.

There are lots of aspects of a good song that I love... but recently it has been the lyrics that grab me more than the quality or talent of the music itself.

This is the chorus of one of my favourite songs...

"The closer I come to you
the closer I am to finding God
You're a miracle to me"
-Cadence by Anberlin-

I don't really get what the song is about because looking at the lyrics it could be about a chicky or a daughter or a few other possibilities..perhaps not even about a person.. but I love it because I know there are definitely a few people in my life who have this effect on me... one in particular.. it seems the closer we become, the more I find God - and not just mushy fluffy good stuff.. I mean the more I am challenged to love certain people, the more I am also challenged to love that they are one of God's own.. its a rather interesting journey!

So.. in saying that.. I realised today (mid-rant about how annoyed I am about something) that these times are actually a blessing and perhaps they are a little miracle at work in me.

No comments: