Friday, September 5, 2008

Miss Baxter

Well.. yesterday I finished my internship.

The last time I will ever be considered a 'student teacher'..

crazy!

I loved my day yesterday..
I was sent to work in the early childhood class with a young girl who needs a lot of support. So I was sitting with her talking about the shapes and colours in my necklace and I was wishing I was back in my class spending the last day with my kids.

but little did i know.. they were planning something special.

when i walked back in my classroom i got a standing ovation and a round of applause from my kids.. they had set up the room for a party and were all standing around a big seat they had prepared for me.. i felt like a queen! They put streamers all over me and clapped and cheered for what seemed an eternity! The tears were flowing all round!

Then a few of the kids gave speeches about their experiences with me.. all the staff were there watching and there were a few tears! It was beautiful.. but the thing that really got me going.. is when they all stood up again and sang a song for me. They stood singing 'time of your life' by green day from beginning to end. It was BEAUTIFUL!

It was so lovely.

I love my kids. I will miss them so so so much.


I have a million home made gifts and second hand pressies that they gave me... very cute. They made me a big banner and presented me with a bunch of flowers.. these kids are awesome. I didn't expect anything like this!

So.. in closing.. I LOVE those kids.. I will miss them all very much. Can't wait to visit them next term sometime.

I am so thankful for such an amazing internship. It makes my bad experiences with prac last year almost seem worth it.. in fact.. I would do it all again because now I know why I had to go through that. There is always a plan even if it seems to be a mess.

I think my life is like an abstract work of art - messy and confusing, but beautiful in its own right.

2 comments:

nickflight said...

congrats on finishing your prac dude... thats AWESOME!!!

stef said...

thats awesome!
i like your description of your life as well.