Thursday, October 8, 2009

gifts

I love gifts. Giving and receiving. When I give a gift I think a lot about what I would like to bless someone with -big or small- it is something I have lots of fun doing. Tonight I got a gift in the mail from a friend back home. It was so heartfelt in that I could tell a lot of thought had gone into it -coupled with a handmade card- it made me feel so special :-)

It was a copy of the book, 'Seven Seasons in Aurukuu'...a story about time spent living and teaching in a remote aboriginal school. How exciting! The picture on the cover brought tears to my eyes. I know I am doing what my heart is demanding by going to Yiyili. My emotions react so strongly with the things I have been reading as preparation and I am becoming more and more certain of my choice being a positive one! I was scared, and didn't really want to follow through (not scared of there...scared of leaving here) but now I am feeling affirmed in my decision and the encouragement from friends has made a huge impact on me. It really hit me last weekend just how much humans need each other. I will expand more on this in future posts.

Until such a time,
Goodnight x

No comments: