Sunday, August 2, 2009

ladies size nine

Someone is playing a cruel joke on all the women in launceston with size nine shoes. A pair of joggers shouldn't be hard to find in size nine-but aparently the only pair left in the world (k-mart) is missing the left shoe. Fantastic. I thought I struck gold when I found cathy freeman spunky looking green joggers in size nine...but without the left shoe it was a bit of a rip off..so I settled for a pair of mens, fun. Probably should invest in some proper ones next time.

In other news- my brother turned 18 this weekend so we had a Baxter bash and had the whole family under the one roof for the first time in a while. Spent a day with all my bros and sisters and their partners (6 kids in the family in total)..interesting being the only single, felt a bit out of it all, as you do. It was a bit of a stab in the guts to realise that everyone is growing up and taking the 'appropriate steps' to securing a good future...and here I am living with mates, no savings, no long term plans, no house that I'm renovating...no recent business ventures...some would say I'm the black sheep, but I say I'm normal...but it would be a lie to say it didn't upset me a little. It's times like these when I could easily become too distracted by what the structures of this world say that I need... or I could take this as another reason to focus on what I know is true and worth waiting for..I think I'll take that option!

So it was lovely seeing my family, and I was so pleased to see my little bro celebrating with his friends, it's something quite special for an older sister to see her brother grow up into a man she respects a lot... I love that guy :)

The flu was gross but it's all gone now! Yay!

And finally - I bumped into a friend of mine in town on the weekend and he had just been to the dentist...people with numb mouths sound funny.

That's all folks!
Corrie.

No comments: