Wednesday, August 19, 2009

christianarchy

Democratic, communist, dictatorship, capitalist, hippie freedom fighters, whatever... It hit my heart today that the laws and systems of this world fail no matter where they are or how they are executed or who by, because they are in the shadows of the devine law.

I was thinking about the hundreds of systems currently in place around the globe..the governing bodies that are there to create order, structure, justice and welfare..all of which fail and fall short of the demands of their people.

I always struggle at election time..hmm which one of the evils do I give my vote?! It seems no political party uphold the values that are important to me..or anyone.

Why? You would assume that with the multitude of leaders who have attempted such a task, we would have some answers by now as to how to govern a nation... Australia aren't doing too bad in my opinion, but that is in comparison to our neighbouring nations. However, if Australia were a stand alone case, I think I would say the system is a disgrace.

*disclaimer/ I know little or nothing about politics*

people are never quite satisfied with the bloke who is voted in to 'prime the country!' Why so? Well I'm going to break it down a bit, in my opinion. There are stacks of reasons why, but this is just one- a pretty important one!

I believe people are seeking someone or something to restore the damage done in the past from war, greed, racism, and injustice of any fabrication. People are looking for someone who will restore. I will say it again. Restore.

What is restoration? Look it up. Restore. Not 'cover up' or 'pay back' or 'make up for'...people need restoration, and that is why the issues of the past keep influencing their perspective on the goings on of today.

The only leader who can restore is God. If you seek restoration from anything other than God you will not be fully satisfied, rather settling for an imitation that has flaws and holes where pools of bitterness flow through.

Why am I saying this? Because it starts with you.. Not the leader of your nation.. It starts with you letting God govern you. Let Him restore.

I'm not saying that old Mr Rudd and co have no responsibility to acknowledge the past.. but God has the authority and the perfect design to restore our spirit - and He will, when we let Him govern our hearts.

What does it mean for your life to let God govern your heart...

Just a thought.

4 comments:

Jason P. Lucas said...

awesome blog

nickflight said...

good thoughts coz... i agree with you... and I love the term christianarchy as well, that's what i want to be now- a christianarchist!

Amy said...

I agree completely coz!
One example i believe is that the majority of aboriginals need to find the restoration they need from God because they're so trapped in the past that they have no hope for the future. They're searching for something that will heal their people and give them hope but they can never find it. The Australian government has tried so many ways to improve aboriginal life but it always fails them because they're looking to the wrong people to fix the problems. They dont understand that only God can lead people into a fulfilling life.
i think that if God governs your heart, the past won't influence the future and the possibilities are endless...

Anonymous said...

oh, what a pleasure to read.