Tuesday, August 4, 2009

being driven

I was at a thing my school do each week where one person gets up and does a little devo thing for the town. This was a few weeks ago - and it was the founder of the organisation who was doing the devo on this specific day.

I won't mention the name of the guy or the organisation, but let's just say that to most people involved with the place, this guy is pretty much their god. It's sad to say that, because I'm sure he doesn't actually want to be looked upon as 'the almighty leader' and I'm positive he is a pretty sweet genuine bloke who has done some amazing things...but... He is no different in ranking to you or I.

So...in saying that. I would now like to crap on about what he spoke about all those weeks ago.

His devotion was called 'being driven' and his posing question was 'what happens to you when you become driven?'.

Now...in my mind I was thinking that being driven was a good thing...and I actually think that he started out thinking that too, until people started saying stuff like 'I get quite selfish when I'm driven', and 'I become authoritive when I'm driven and people don't appreciate that'..

I sat there thinking that maybe my view on 'being driven' is completely different to theirs..

Mr speaker continued his devo and began highlighting all the bad things about being driven and concluded that it is best to remain with a focus of helping others and being hospitible to others needs.

Hmmmm... Now here's what I think about being driven.

We are like cars.

If you aren't moving anywhere, you can't be steered. So it is better to get those wheels moving and be heading towards something even if you don't know what it is yet.

And in regards to the whole 'focus on helping others and being hospitible to others needs' - yes, do... but... you might just be ripping off yourself and the world if you don't let yourself be driven by Gods amazing plans that NO ONE can match with their own. So...you have more purpose (I believe) than following around some guy who thinks he needs you to devote yourself to achieving the things he is driven to do.

Just a thought.

1 comment:

nickflight said...

well said... i agree with you on this