Thursday, February 5, 2009

Motivate Me

So since achieving my most recent goal of taking the leap from the plane I have found myself feeling a little anxious about not having a short term goal. Every day I would think about the skydive and be working towards making sure I was going to do it. Now I find myself dreaming that it hasn't happened yet and then all day thinking about when it is going to happen.. I need something else to occupy my mind! I spoke with the lovely Miss VT this morning for a good length of time about my proposed trip to Thailand in June/July. Dan and I decided it would be cool to do a few short trips overseas before doing a big one to Europe sometime in the future. Dan is one of my closest buddies, we lived together for a bit a couple of years ago and have known each other for about 4 yrs now. I think he will be a good bloke to travel with (mainly because he is a trained body guard) hehe. So anyway - we are thinking that Monday/Tuesday will be the day we book and pay for our tickets.. how sweet is that going to be! Crazy.

Im excited. Also - I have officially scrapped my fear of heights.. I was at the Poatina pool the other day and was hanging around on the edge of the pool (was always terrified of falling in) and also keen to jump off the diving board (strange.. the last time I did this it literally with no exaggeration, took me about 40 mins to get the courage up - and even then I didn't really have the courage, just stupidity to put myself through it). So now I am getting a group together to the do cable hang gliding in Riverside. So if you are keen let me know.. apparently its mad fun and pretty cheap! $10 a turn is what I've heard is the going rate.

So BAM.

xx

2 comments:

nickflight said...

$10 a turn... thats awesome... well Katie and I will come and have a go with you soon that sounds like fun!

Andrew WC Brown said...

Holy Molys! Skydiving is crazy! You must got a lot of guys to go do that.