Saturday, May 23, 2009

kosher

where I stand
and how I say this
-its just not kosher-

defying the rules of society
we make our own and that's alright with me
b
u
t
-its just not kosher-

they whisper their secrets of their desire to be with you
suggesting they are the only ones who really do
I nod and smile, but all the while
-its just not kosher-

how dare they try to make that claim
when the secrets I hear are all the same

you're a gift to this world
but a bastard to love
because every eye you've looked into
thinks there's something there to continue...


...and then there's me.
the most foolish of them all
if I couldn't run to you, I'd damn well get down and crawl

and you like it that way
or so it seems
because when I finally shut you out
you're back; pursuing my dreams

I will keep denying it until this ridiculous idea is over
because someone like you with someone like me...?!
Its just not kosher.






No comments: