Sunday, May 31, 2009

its official

So it is finally official... i am in love... about a year ago i discovered a band who have been around for about 3 years, called Starsailor. I posted a thing about them on this blog but I dont think it was very insightful.. just mentioning that I liked their stuff.. so since then I have been getting more and more into them and with their recent release I have come to the conclusion that they are probably my favourite band out there at this point in time. I don't usually have favourites.. but always have one band that I am getting into at any one point in time.

Its funny because they haven't really made it in Australia, but in the UK they are all the rave. Australian music lovers are usually all over the UK scene, but this band seem to have slipped through without much notice.. and Im kinda glad because it means no overkill on the radio etc.. but.. i am not one to be greedy.. so I share around the good music that I stumble across.. and these guys are definitely worth checking out if you are up for some melodic rock with smooth sounds of Tim Buckley inspired vocals. James Walsh (vocals) has such a unique sound.. I absolutely love it. Anyhow, enough of me carrying on about them.. now its in your court.. check them out and let me know your thoughts :-)

No comments: