Monday, May 18, 2009

for me to be

The somersaults take my breath away
Each time I'm unprepared
A tiny cage of emotion- i won't let it out!
But it has it's way of letting me know it's there

It turns me weak
To hear your words -reverberating
Echoing through my thoughts
Addictive, cliché and simply ridiculous
But it is there, I can't ignore it

Please leave me alone
I don't want to feel
I'd rather reason- and reason says 'no'.
But what say have I got?
I've been 'saying' for years
It's got me nowhere-it's time to stop

So I'll wait
And hope
And trust
And try
To kill the gymnast inside my tummy
But I will probably wait
Wait just as before
Until I realise you are waiting for me
To be the one you are waiting for.




1 comment:

nickflight said...

awesome Coz... love the comparison to somersaults...

is it about a love interest?