Friday, November 28, 2008

little sad

when time was too much and my face lacked a smile
i would take a walk to town to dawdle a while
dragging my feet, wasting our time
having a deep conversation between me and my mind

plodding through the isles pretending to look busy
a fresh little girl in a stale dull city

i could have a lot of fun here if I had at least a buck
but instead I will just look, resist the urge to touch
''beep'' goes the buzzer as another enters the store
my mind begins to imagine how many have been here before

i will hide in the crowds just pretending to keep busy
a fresh little girl in the stale old city

keeping to myself, this store belongs to me
i hold my head high, I'm just a guest in my own territory
apparently you were there - and you had decided
you had a plan to get my attention - and so you tried it

at first I walked by, not even a second glance
until I heard another girl make a comment on your stance
i turned around to see what was "so cute"
and there your were - looking bloody beaut!

i looked at the girl, then back at you,
i had to make a move - I knew she was going to!
looking like a freak, making dashes towards the front of the store
you were mine and that was that - no question in it anymore

i was a fresh little girl in a dull, old city
and you were my new friend - a cute little kitty

you were a good buddy to have I will tell you this
apart from that time you ate all my pet fish
a hot water bottle couldn't possibly compare
to the snuggles you give and the companionship we share

a friend for four years, and a memory for many to come
its time to say 'catch ya later, come and meet your new mum'

xxx

No comments: