Sunday, November 9, 2008

Diggin the Giggin

On Saturday I went to see Butterfly Effect rock it out. The support bands were interesting. I was all keen to see Trial Kennedy because I really like the songs I have heard of theirs.. they get a lot of airplay on Triple J and its always good stuff.. but I was pretty disappointed! They walked out on stage looking like a bunch of locals who decided to get up and have a jam at an open mic night and when they started bustin out the tunes they not only had a terrible mix but the competition between the band members was massive.. they were all trying to outshine each other and it put out an awkward vibe. The sound was terrible.. from both support bands.. and it got me thinking that Butterfly Effect would also be pretty crap because of the venue (saloon) and the dodgy sound guys they must have hired.. but..

...When Butterfly Effect came out it was epic. From beginning to end it was epic. No other word to describe it. I didnt even know half of the songs they were playing but it rocked me. I loved it. The sound was perfecto, the stage presence was like nothing Ive ever seen before and the crowd LOVED it. I couldn't get over just how awesome their performance was.. Clint Boge (lead vocals) reminded me so much of Gerard Way (lead singer from My Chemical Romance).. just in his stage presence.. and he actually had a jacket on that is much like the signature jacket of Gerard Way. Very different styles of music but something kicks butt with their performance..It was insane.. I loved it.

So Friday night it is off to see Sparkadia with support band Oh Mercy which will be interesting.. Im hoping Oh Mercy are more professional then Trial Kennedy. Pumped for Sparkadia, I really dig their tunes.. just hope they impress me live!

I am beginning to realise that it is very easy to produce an album that hooks fans in, but not so easy to rip out an awesome gig that keeps those fans and brings in the loyal forever loving fans.. but now I see why Butterfly Effect are easily one of Australia's biggest bands..

So enough ramble from me. Time to head to Blue and grab a tasty coffee. Mmm.

No comments: