Saturday, December 6, 2008

a moral

yesterday started out pretty rough. I had a million things to do and not nearly enough time. On top of that, yesterday came with a lot of emotional crap too. I found out my close friend sarah and her family have been deported- leaving Saturday. I have been pretty close to her and her family over the past years and this was heart breaking news - especially for them!

So i found myself running around madly trying to sort everything out in time. in the words of sparkadia "toooooooooooooooooooooo much to doooooooooo, and there's not enough time"

Little things kept going wrong. Just when I thought I had it all set and everything done the car I was driving to the coast (sharons) decided to blow a few important fuses and this left me with no indicators.. I discovered this after wondering why i was suddenly being thrown abuse at every roundabout I came to.. note to self: check blinkers are working before attempting a roundabout maneuver.

So anyway.. a few friends had gotten together for a little bday tea type thing last night.. i arrived half an hour late to my own party.. bit flustered and not feeling up for a party.

Turned out to be a great night. my peeps are downright legends .. I bumped into lots of old mates over the night too.. thats one thing I love about Burnie.. always bump into someone I know! So that was fun.

watched this movie suggested by VT and Sarah - Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium. It was charming, quirky, witty and cute! I really enjoyed it.. and lets just say.. I now want to have one of those monkey teddies!

So that was fun also. then today was meant to be skydiving. i was SO pumped for it.. but unfortunately on account of the weather it could not be done.. no no no no no way jose! So the plan is to make a weekend of it heading to swansea (i think).. so in a way that will be mega good.. get to see views of a beautiful coastline and even get to land on the beach!

So my day was spent just hanging with peeps and watching the clouds.. then Bushman's 21st party. enjoyed it muchos.

i guess the moral of my ramble is that launceston is crap and burnie is good.

i still love launceston - just love the burnie people more :-)

2 comments:

nickflight said...

yeah i love burnie.. i miss it a lot sometimes

stef said...

amen!