Sunday, September 13, 2009

catholic haunting

I'm considering my movements for next year.

I can stay in the cushion comfort easy job i'm in, or I can satisfy my spirit of adventure that is just begging to be set free.

A sweet opportunity came up this week. It is definitely an adventure. It would take a lot of guts. I tick all the boxes and just have to do an official application to score it. I wanted to make sure I was in a job where I can be serving a higher purpose than just doing what I get paid to do. I was keen for this job, especially when I realised it was based in the heart of a mission community. I almost tricked myself into thinking it must be the Christian community lifestyle I'm being called to...then I realised it was catholic. Shattered. The one religion I struggle with the most. I would rather throw myself into a job filled with Christian hating athiests instead of Catholics.

I know it sounds prejudice and nasty.. Not how I intend it to be. I'm actually terrified...but almost more driven to apply for this position because I've been praying for challenges and a job that will extend my skills, but more so, my faith. I've found that when you are in a position where you have to question your faith and justify why you choose to live it out, you grow deep roots.


1 comment: